What is Biohacking?
Biohacking is an emerging trend that focuses on following out-of-the-box biomedical thinking to optimize the body’s internal cellular and biochemical environment to improve physical and mental performance. It is a way of taking control of your health and lifestyle outside of traditional medical cook-book methods to achieve better results. Biohacking is all about understanding and manipulating biology, physiology, and biochemistry to achieve better health, wellbeing, and longevity.
Biohacking is based on the idea that the body is a machine, and that we can use technology and science to optimize its performance. This means understanding how the body works and how to optimize it for better health and longevity. Biohacking can involve things such as diet and nutrition, lifestyle changes, exercise, supplementation, and the use of technology to measure and monitor metrics such as heart rate and sleep. This may also be referred to as bio-optimization.
Biohacking can take the form of modified supplements, diet (components, macros, and timing), breathing, sleep, exercise, hormesis, strategic use of pharmaceuticals, and regenerative medicine. Hormesis refers to beneficial amounts of stress, such as fasting (calorie restriction), cold plunges or hot sauna. Weight bearing exercises are another form of hormesis. There are also technologies such as wearable tech and apps to assist with biohacking.
- Diet & Nutrition
- Exercise & Movement, including regenerative medicine for stubborn injuries, atrophy, and/or pain.
- Lifestyle (Epigenetic) Influences, such as stress management, sleep optimization, and lifestyle coaching.
- Technology: Wearable devices and apps to track and monitor metrics such as heart rate, sleep, and activity.
- Supplements: Optimal supplements to provide additional necessary nutrients and support optimal health.
- Biohacking Labs: Advanced metrics, blood panels, and biological age tests
- Biohacking Coaching: Personalized coaching to help you achieve your health and longevity goals.
- Bio-identical hormone optimization.
- Nootropics: Nootropic supplements to improve cognitive performance and focus.
- Brain Stimulation: Neurostimulation techniques to improve memory, focus, and overall brain health.
11.Regenerative Stem Cell Medicine
- Precision anti-aging and longevity medicine.
Dr. Jeffrey Gross has been invited speaker at several international Biohacking Events. Visit our YouTube Channel or contact us for more information.